Sales Tax Questions


Revolution was required to start charging sales tax on July 1, 2019 to states that have enacted Economic Nexus Laws.



Do you already charge your customers sales tax for dancewear and costumes?

Yes. Make sure you are registered with your state as a re-seller. They should have provided you with an exempt certificate. Submit that certificate to us (see submission process below) and you will not be charged sales tax on your purchases with us.

No. No worries! You have two options:

      • Option 1: Pay sales tax. Starting July 1st you will pay sales tax on purchases at Revolution and Tenth House.
      • Option 2: Apply for a re-seller certificate with your state. Once received, submit to us (see submission process below) and you will not pay sales tax.

We understand this is new and you may have further questions. Please see below for FAQs, and contact your accountant to answer any additional or specific questions you may have!



Do you have a re-seller certificate?

Yes. Please make sure the following fields are populated correctly:

      • Your Name
      • Company Address
      • Customer ID#
      • Signature/Title

No. Apply for a certificate by simply filling out an application with your state. You will receive an automated email* from either, if you reside in California, or, if you reside in another state. The subject of this email is: Request for sales tax resale/exemption certificates

      • Click the URL in the emaiL
      • Follow instructions (note: you can skip account set-up)
      • Submit certificate

*If you did not receive the automated email, please send a request to have it resent to



Are you already a non-profit/501c3? 

While you have tax exempt business status, you will still need to submit your certificate or business documentation.

Is your studio in Canada?

This is only applicable to specific states in the U.S.

My state doesn’t charge sales tax.

You are in luck, you have nothing to worry about.

Do you sell dancewear and or costumes through Nimbly?

You are in luck, we take care of everything for you. The customer pays sales tax at checkout and we handle the rest.

What about dancewear or costumes required as a uniform?

Are they taxed? Please contact your accountant, each state has different rules and regulations.


1. Please call our customer service team at 800-794-0205

2. Email us at

3. Listen to our podcast, "Make Sense of Sales Tax". In this episode we speak with Jessica Scheitler, founder of Financial Groove, an international entertainment accounting industry leader over the last decade. Offering accounting and tax expertise for entertainers, Financial Groove bridges the gap between creativity and business.